20. Comfort of Strangers, Beth Orton
19. The Duper Sessions, Sondre Lerche and The Faces Down Quartet
18. Without Feathers, The Stills
17. Bande a Parte, Nouvelle Vague
16. The Peel Sessions, PJ Harvey
15. The Life Pursuit, Belle and Sebastian
14. Dreamt For Light Years in the Belly of a Mountain, Sparklehorse
13. Eye to the Telescope, KT Tunstall
12. The Crane Wife, The Decemberists
11. The Back Room, The Editors
10. She Traded Her Leg, Jeffrey Bützer
9. Classics, Ratatat
8. Fox Confessor Brings the Flood, Neko Case
7. The Eraser, Thom Yorke
6. The Greatest, Cat Power
5. Show Your Bones, Yeah Yeah Yeahs
4. Gulag Orkestar, Beirut
3. Pieces of the People We Love, The Rapture
2. Shortbus Soundtrack, Various Artists
1. Knives Don't Have Your Back, Emily Haines
Absolute favorite songs of the year: "Soda Shop" & "Lower My Gun" by Jay Brannan, "Winter Tour" by Britta Persson, "Postcards from Italy" by Beirut, "Nothing and Nowhere" & "Winning" by Emily Haines, "The Sweets" by YYY, "Halo the Harpoons" & "Helicopters" by The Stills, "Satin Chic" & "Boys Will Be Boys" by Goldfrapp, "The Rejection" by Dangerous Muse.
Hands Down Best Cover of the Year: "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" by Emily Haines and James Shaw
Biggest Fucking Joke of 2006: Gwen Stefani
Favorite Concerts: Fiona Apple at HoB San Diego, Jay Brannan at Ars Nova, Emily Haines at Joe's Pub, Metric at HoB San Diego, The Stills at the Bowery (2nd night).
Biggest Miss: Why haven't I listened to the latest Tom Waits yet??? Perhaps someone will buy the hefty collection for me for Christmas... Also, the MSTRKRFT album wasn't so good.
Also, though I haven't heard the Mirah one, I expect disappoinment, but with that and We Are Glitter, I wonder: why so many remix albums? The only AMAZING remix of the year was the MSTRKRFT remix of Metric's "Monster Hospital".